If you're reading this, it just means that you have a date, hmnnn *winks* in a couple of weeks or days, hours, minutes, seconds.... and you have no idea what to wear so you're just out here on the web looking for some inspiration. I've been in your shoes as well which is probably why I decided to come up with this post just to ease your stress! So this valentine-inspired post is in collaboration with another blogger, Grace of epiphany29.com. Be sure to check out her blog and her post on How To Celebrate Valentine As A Single Girl, I'm sure you'll love it. So because Valentine is a season of celebrating love in special ways that involve going out on dates, here are some date outfit ideas because let's face it, not everyone is a fashion and style natural, we all need a little bit of help sometimes especially when you're going out with that special someone, you definitely want to look your best, feel your best and be your best.
1. Movies Date - You want to go for something that's rather simple and relaxed. Nothing too extra or showy. You can go with a pair of jeans trousers or shorts, a simple dress, throw on a leather jacket maybe. And on your feet, you can go with flats like pumps, sneakers or sandals. If you're a heels girl, go with some high heeled sandals, high heeled pumps or covered shoes would just make you look too serious for the movies.
2. Fancy Date - If bae is taking you or you are taking bae to a very formal, black tie kind of event like a formal dinner or a cocktail, you know what I mean, there's much more involved. You need to go with a maxi dress, high heels definitely, a nice clutch bag and statement jewellery.
3. Casual Lunch - For a casual lunch that's just the both of you, I would suggest jeans and a nice blouse or with a camisole and a kimono jacket. And then for shoes, you can just wear what feels appropriate, flats, heels, sneakers would all be nice. Another option would be a romper, it's simple and sexy without saying too much.
4. Dinner - If you're heading to a restaurant for dinner at night, the lunch idea is appropriate but if you want to dress up a bit, you can wear a midi dress or a 2-piece coordinate outfit with heels. Or you can go with trousers and a dressy blouse. But complete with the look with some gorgeous dangling earrings or a statement neck piece to draw some attention to your beautiful face.
5.Night out - For a night out, most people like to show some skin so a mini skirt, mini dress, bum shorts. With a crop top, bralette, cold shoulder outfits. You can go for something with sequins that will glow in the dark and you need to accessorise with jewellery as well but notj=hing to crazy so you're free to dance and party.
6. Beach Day - For a romantic walk on the beach in the red-orange-ish light of the sunset with your fingers entwined in his, you still need to look fine so go for a short flowy dress, or shorts and a crop top with a kimono or a loose bohemian maxi dress.
7. Concert - You can actually be as versatile as you like with this one, almost anything goes. Skinny jeans, leggings, crop top, tank top or loose t-shirt with a leather jacket or denim jacket, jumpsuit, overalls or rompers, flats or heels but you may want to tone down the accessories and jewellery, Stud earrings and a simple necklace or a choker would be ideal.
8. Meeting the parents - Well, here you would want to cover up, we all know why, lol. A maxi "take home to mama"dress maybe with flowers not revealing at all. Or a simple midi bodycon dress, any dress or skirt must be below your knee. Otherwise some high waist palazzo trousers with a fitted top plus some light makeup and minimal jewellery.
9. Sports date - If you're going to watch a match or a game, go with jeans/shorts, t-shirt and sneakers. It seems weird wearing heels to a game but Beyonce does. If you have a jersey of whichever team you're supporting, feel free to wear it and you can as well accessorise with a baseball hat of your team or bae's team.
10. At the park - It could be an amusement park like a carnival or funfair or a picnic kind of date, feel free and comfy so you can easily move around. Wear comfortable shoes preferably flats or sneakers and if you insist on heels, go with a wedge that's more balanced.
Red and pink are the colours of Val so you might want to include a touch of red or pink if it's a valentine-themed date. I've included some of my picks from the zaful.com site below, just click on any picture and it takes you directly to the store, they offer free worldwide standard shipping and their prices are really friendly. Use coupon code LOVE12 at checkout for some $$ off.
Now it's your turn, do you agree with these date outfit ideas or nah? What are you doing this Valentine? Leave me your thoughts! Thanks for reading! Stay awesome!